Policies & Procedures
Policies & Procedures
All students reserve a weekly lesson time: (Mon. – Fri.):
– Lesson times are scheduled by your instructor according to their availability.
– Punctuality is absolutely necessary. If you arrive late, your lesson time will not be extended to make that
Students are responsible for the acquisition of music and/or instruments:
– Students are responsible for renting their instruments if they don’t own one. Your instructor can recommend
places that they can be rented.
– Your instructor may purchase music for you and have you reimburse them, or they may tell you where and what to purchase for yourself.
– Regular practice and lesson attendance with all materials at hand is expected. (Progress cannot be achieved without these essentials).
– Check in at the school office in the lobby of the Joy Bldg. when you arrive. Have a seat on the bench and
wait for the instructor to come pick you up for the lesson.
– Children 12 years old and under must not be left unattended or allowed to wander.
– Parents must be prompt in picking up students after lessons. The instructor will return the student to their parent in the lobby.
– Notify your instructor if someone other than yourself will be picking up the student.
CFCA Extended Care students:
– If you want your child to be picked up for their lesson and returned to extended care, you must work this
out with the instructor ahead of time. (Be aware that the time spent picking up and dropping off will mean
less instruction time for your child.)
– It is the parent’s responsibility to notify the instructor if the student will not be at their lesson, not CFCA’s.
Please do not assume that just because the student was not at school, for whatever reason, that the
instructor will be notified. You are responsible for contacting the instructor to notify them if the student will
not be at their lesson.
– Any lessons occurring on a recognized Federal holiday will be made up.
– Lessons cancelled by the instructor for any reason will be made up.
– Planned vacations, weddings, school spring/fall breaks, etc. (with advance notification to the instructor) will be made up.
– Excused absences (instructor notified at least 24 hrs. before the lesson) will be made up.
– Unexcused absences (instructor notified less than 24 hrs. before their lesson, last minute cancellations or “no-shows”) will not be made up.
– Scheduled make-up lessons that are not attended, will be forfeited.
– Students not arriving to lesson within the first 15 minutes will forfeit the remainder of that lesson.
Tuition / financial agreement
– A yearly, non-refundable, enrollment fee (per family) is required at the time of registration. ($35 for CATC/CFCA members and $50 for nonmembers)
– Pay tuition promptly on the due dates noted on your payment schedule. Please keep your payment schedule posted somewhere prominent to serve as a reminder of the date and amount due. A reminder email will be sent to you one week prior to the due dates.
– No lesson will be given until the tuition payment is made.
– If (2) lessons are missed because of non-payment, the student will be automatically dropped and the instructor will not be obligated to hold your lesson time for you.
– We require a two-week advance notice if you plan to take a break from lessons or drop from academy.
– Make payment by credit card on the PAACF website. (See Q & A for directions on how to pay online.)
– Mail in a check to the address above, Attn. Finance Dept. (Make check payable to Church At The Cross and write “Performing Arts Academy” on the memo line.)
– Cash or check payments may be dropped into the lockbox located on the wall behind the desk in the lobby of the Joy Building.There are envelopes available on the desk to place your payment in.