Policies & Procedures
Policies & Procedures
• All students reserve a weekly lesson time: (Mon. – Fri.)
– Lesson times are scheduled by your instructor according to their availability.
– Punctuality is absolutely necessary. If you arrive late, your lesson time will not be extended to make that
• Students are responsible for the acquisition of music and/or instruments:
– Students are responsible for renting their instruments if they don’t own one. Your instructor can recommend
places that they can be rented.
– Your instructor may purchase music for you and have you reimburse them, or they may tell you where and
what to purchase for yourself.
• Participation Expectations:
– Regular practice and lesson attendance with all materials at hand is expected. (Progress cannot be achieved
without these essentials.)
• Arrival Expectations:
– Please use the restroom before lesson time, and have hands thoroughly washed.
– Please do not bring food, drinks or gum into the lesson.
– Children 12 years and under must not be left unattended or allowed to wander.
• Student Pick-Up:
– Parents must be prompt in picking up students when the lesson is over.
– Please notify your instructor if someone other than yourself will be picking up the student.
• CFCA Extended Care students:
– If you want your child to be picked up for their lesson and returned to extended care you must work this
out with the instructor ahead of time. (Be aware that the time spent picking up and dropping off will mean
less instruction time for your child.)
– It is the parent’s responsibility to notify the instructor if the student will not be at their lesson, not CFCA’s.
Please do not assume that just because the student was not at school, for whatever reason, that the
instructor will be notified. You are responsible for contacting the instructor to notify them if the student will
not be at their lesson.
• Make-Up Lessons/Absences/Cancellations:
– Any lessons occurring on a recognized Federal holiday will be made up.
– Lessons cancelled by the instructor for any reason will be made up.
– Planned vacations, weddings, school spring/fall breaks, etc. (with advance notification to the instructor) will
be made up.
– Excused absences (instructor notified at least 24 hrs. before the lesson) will be made up.
– Unexcused absences (instructor notified less than 24 hrs. before their lesson, last minute cancellations
or “no-shows”) will not be made up.
– Make-up lessons not attended will be forfeited.
– Students not arriving to lessons within the first 15 minutes will forfeit the remainder of that lesson.
• Tuition / financial agreement
– A non-refundable $50 registration fee is required at the time of registration. (Yearly)
Lessons will not be finalized until the registration fee is received.
– Tuition is to be paid promptly on the due dates noted on your payment schedule. Please keep your payment
schedule posted somewhere prominent to serve as a reminder of the date and amount due. A reminder
email will be sent to you one week prior to the due dates.
– Lessons will not be given if tuition payment has not been made.
– If (2) lessons are missed because of non-payment, the student will be automatically dropped and the
instructor will no longer be obligated to hold your lesson time for you.
– We require a two-week advance notice if you plan to take a break from lessons or drop from academy.
• Payment options:
– Make payment by credit card on the CATC website. (See Q & A for directions on how to pay online.)
– Cash & Check payments may be made at the Church At The Cross office, located at 700 Good Homes
Road, Orlando, FL 32818, Monday – Thursday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (The church office is
located on the west side of the campus next to the baseball fields. Ring in at the back gate box. The first
building inside the gate is the church office.)
– Mail in a check to the address above, Attn. Finance Dept. (Make check payable to Church At The Cross and
write Performing Arts Academy on the memo line.)
– Drop your cash or check payment into the lockbox located on the wall behind the desk in the lobby
of the Joy Building. There are envelopes available on the desk to place your payment in.